Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I just need to vent!

Today was one of those days....
I (Ruth) had a very frustrating day today. I had an appt. to take our van in to get a part replaced on it this morning. They told me it would take a 1/2 hour to do it, so I said I would wait there while they did it. I showed up at 10:30 for my appt. and waited. And waited, and waited, and waited. I didn't end up leaving until after 12:30!!!!! Did I mention I had 3 kids with me? They did very well, though. Unfortunately I was pretty furious.

From there, I had to run some errands, stop by the new house to drop stuff off and sign papers, then stop at home long enough to change a couple diapers then head off to a dr's appt. at 3:15. I stopped at a drive-thru for lunch, and unfortunately Camden didn't have time for a nap before going to the dr. with me.

The dr's appt was with a family doctor that was recommended to me. I wanted to meet with one to discuss my gall bladder issues and medication for my UTI. Anyways, we showed up at 3:15, and didn't get called back to the exam room until 5:20!!! Once again, did I mention I had 3 kids with me?? Once we got to the exam room, we waited another 10 minutes or so. Camden fell & bumped his head, but luckily got right back up & was busy again. I, on the other hand, couldn't take any more. I started crying. I was so sick of sitting around waiting today! Basically I had spent 4 hours of my life with 3 kids sitting around doing absolutely NOTHING but waiting. I felt like people had no respect whatsoever for my time. I'm normally a pretty patient person, but this was ridiculous. As for the doctor's office, I felt like what was the point in making an appointment when they were no where near close to being on time??? Couldn't someone have called me to tell me they were running this far behind?

So back to my story....as I was crying the doctor walked in. She asked if I was OK, and if my stomach hurt. I said, no, I've just been sitting around here for 2 hours with 3 little kids. She apologized. She seemed surprised that I had had that long of a wait. She claims it was a very busy day since yesterday was a holiday & they had been closed. Who knows...but anyways, she was able to give me a prescription that I can take that will allow me to still nurse Trevin (the one the ER doctor gave me would come throuh my milk), and she was also able to look at my ultrasound from the ER and she recommended I have my gall bladder taken out to avoid any further complications. I actually like that idea so that I don't have to continually worry about more attacks. BUT, for now I'm gonna try to hold off until October when we're all moved in to our house. Hopefully I won't have any more attacks between now & then. All in all, I actually REALLY liked the doctor. She was very personable (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) and helpful. She just seems like she'd be easy to deal with. So, I'm torn....was she really worth the 2 hour wait?? There's no way I would want to wait that long every time I need to see a doctor. Maybe she was right...it was just a very busy day & it's not normally that long of a wait. Who knows. Either way, she is setting up an appt. for me next week to meet with a surgeon and then we'll get surgery scheduled to get my gall bladder out.

In other news, we've hit a little delay in painting at our new house. LONG story short, we may have gotten bad primer. There are places where the paint is literally peeling off the walls. A rep from the paint company is meeting with our neighbor the painter tomorrow to see what's going on. But, in the meantime, the neighbor said he didn't want to do any more painting until we figured out the problem. Problem is, it's not like we can "start over", so we've got to fix the problem areas and move on. We've got deadlines to meet people! Did I mention that we're hoping to close on Sept. 19 and have our stuff delivered that afternoon?? So, hopefully painting will resume tomorrow and be finished by Thursday. Pray that it will get done!! I also should have mentioned that I actually had Tom watch all 4 kids part of the weekend so I could go paint at the house. I got the girl's room done, and the kids' bathroom.

I will post more pictures in the next few days. It's late tonight & I've got to get to bed. But, I did want to say that the kitchen cabinets are in! So now we can get the countertops ordered. Yeah! The siding is all done, too. We're hoping to get some of the landscaping done this week as long as we don't get rain from hurricane Gustav. We'll see...

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!

No comments: