Friday, September 19, 2008

A big day

Well, I wish today was THE big day, as in moving day. It's kinda moving day, but not the one I want. Today is the day all of our stuff that's been in storage is being delivered to the new house. Now you would think that probably means things are looking good at the new house, but that's not exactly the case :)

My parents & my sister all arrived safely, so we're all cozy in our apartment. Things are not done at the new house, but I refused to re-schedule the delivery of our stuff. Partly due to the cost of having it stored, and partly because this is the date we set, and dog-gone it, things should have been done. Should be an interesting day is all I can say.

Here's a quick rundown of the past couple days...
-Concrete did not get poured until Wednesday afternoon
-the electrician claims he's done all he can do before we're actually hooked up w/power
-the plumber has not finished everything he has to do
-the carpeting IS done
-the hardwood floor is NOT completely done
-the back deck is done except for stairs
-lots of the "little" stuff is NOT done (door knobs, door stops, bathroom mirrors & accessories, closet & pantry shelves, and NO cleaning really)
-the driveway is poured, but it's supposed to cure for 72 hrs. before it's driven on...kinda hard for that to happen this close to moving in. The carpet guy had to drive on it yesterday to get the carpet to our house. The moving truck will have to park on the street I guess to move our stuff - this should be interesting!!!

There are lots of other things I could talk about, but I've gotta run to finish getting ready for the day. I will try to post either tonight or tomorrow with how our day went, but just wanted to give everyone a quick rundown of the week.

No comments: