Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Power

I decided to call the power company myself today to find out what I could about when power might be hooked up. I thought maybe I could give them my "sob" story about being in a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 kids, etc. WELL, long story short, the only engineer left here in town who is taking care of getting this stuff done goes to our church! I had no idea!!! I told him our situation and the urgency of getting out of this apartment, and he had a couple pieces of information that he needed, so I told him I'd find out the info & get back to him. When he gave me his name, I kinda laughed to myself & asked if he went to Cropwell Baptist. He said yeah, and I told him we had just joined a couple weeks ago. Then he said he kept wondering where he had seen our name before, then he laughed cuz he's a deacon and said he had seen it on the new member list. SO, he understands our situation, and is gonna do everything he can to get us hooked up with power ASAP. He said he can probably get someone out early next week. Which is still a bummer, but it's better than what they originally told me over the phone today which was that it would be 2-3 weeks, and I just about freaked out cuz we have to be out of our apartment at the end of the month!! So, anyways, continue praying that we get everything worked out quickly!

No comments: