Thursday, September 11, 2008

There's lots going on around here! Mostly stress!! Please pray for me (us) as we are in the final stages of trying to get into our new house. It seems to me like there is an awful lot to be done in a short amount of time. Our builder told us yesterday that we may have run into a snag as far as getting power at the house. Long story short, the wife of the guy who is supposed to do the power may have had a heart attack yesterday. If the doctors find that she did, then this will delay us getting power by possibly a week, which means the house will NOT be done on time. SO, hopefully this guy's wife did not have a heart attack, and he will be able to get this done today or Monday.

Secondly, they're supposed to pour more concrete Monday, but that's only if it doesn't rain. So, again, please pray it DOES NOT rain Monday, otherwise, this holds up stuff getting done in the house.

Let me mention here that our stuff is scheduled to be delivered next Friday the 19th. If things don't fall into place I have no idea what is going to happen with this schedule. We had to let the moving company know 3 wks. in advance when we wanted our stuff delivered, so I'm not sure we can just move the date easily. Along with that, my parents are coming down to help us move and they arrive next Wednesday. My sister is also coming and she arrives next Thursday. So, as you can see, we need lots of prayers that all the details work out & we can get into the house Friday as planned.

So, now back to the stressful things going on...
We have a water bill issue. We got the latest bill for the water usage at the new house, and it was $1500!! It claims we used like 548,000 gallons of water. I can't remember the exact number, but anyways, it's absurd. We have tried to get the water company to work with us to figure out the problem, but all they want to do is adjust the bill for us this once down to $400, which is nice IF I thought the bill was legitimate. For some reason, they don't believe us that there's no way we could have used that much water! It would mean that we left the water running for at least an entire week. Impossible since we are at the house almost every day & obviously would have noticed if the water was running!

We also are waiting to hear back from the storage people where our stuff is being stored. Now they're telling us a completely different price than before and it's like $2000 more. If this is the case, we're gonna be bankrupt by the time we get moved into our house! AGGHHH!

Now in other news, Mackenzie got her 1st progress report of the year from school. Looks like she takes after her mom :) She has 100's in everything so far, and she's gotten 100% on all of her tests each week, too. But, funny thing (well funny to me)...every day the teacher sends home a folder with her "grade" for the day, and up until yesterday, she'd gotten A+ every day. Well, yesterday she got an A- because it said she didn't follow directions & she didn't finish her classwork. When I asked to see her folder yesterday she didn't want to show it to me, and then she buried her head in the couch & just sobbed for like 20 minutes!! She was so upset that she didn't get an A+! She was way more upset than I was! In all honesty, I didn't really care much because obviously we can't all be perfect every day, and it wasn't that she was disruptive or disrespectful in class or anything. I finally got her settled down & told her not to worry too much about it. There will be days when she doesn't finish her work, and she just needs to do her best and try harder the next day. I told her I wasn't upset with her, and unless she started getting "bad" grades every day, then we'd talk more about it.

And lastly, I thought I'd share a couple funny things Jenna has said lately:

"Mom, when are you gonna be a grandma?"

"I think the baby likes me because I have brown eyes like him"

I guess that's it for now. Don't forget to PRAY for us in the next few days!! Thanks!

No comments: