Thursday, August 28, 2008

The ER

So, I spent some time yesterday morning in the ER. When I was up at 2 a.m. feeding Trevin, I had this sharp pain in my right side. I didn't think too much of it, instead took 2 tylenol, and went back to bed. Then, after I got Mackenzie up & off to the bus, I ate some breakfast and about 7 a.m. had the same pain, only worse this time. It was pretty painful, and I had a hard time catching my breath. As I was trying to figure out what was going on, I thought to call my sister to ask her about gall bladder attacks. After I got off the phone with her, I was pretty sure it was probably that. I called Tom, and told him to come home so he could take me to the ER. I wanted to make sure that it was indeed my gall bladder & not something else. As I waited for him to get home, the pain got worse, and I had trouble breathing again. But, just after he got home and got the kids in the car & ready to go, it went away almost as quickly as it had come! So, by the time we got to the ER, I was actually fine, which was probably good cuz the ER was SLOW! Anyways, after having blood drawn, x-rays taken, and an ultrasound done, the doctor said I do in fact have gall stones, but nothing that requires surgery right away. I guess that's good, but on the other hand, it also means I could have more attacks at any time?! I think I just need to watch what I eat to help make sure I don't have more of them any time soon. We'll see...but since gall bladder problems are hereditary, I'm guessing my "luck" isn't so good since both my mom & sister have had theirs out! I did find out that I have a urinary tract infection as well which I had NO IDEA I had! Interesting....

1 comment:

Jen said...

yikes! I've had those pains before... not fun. hopefully they will not come back.

jen