Saturday, August 2, 2008

Updates

I don't have pictures right this minute, but I wanted to give some updates of what's going on around here.

The girls have been at grandma & grandpa Palmer's this week. Tom met them last Saturday at Mammoth Caves in Kentucky. They enjoyed the park, then stayed overnight & then Tom headed back home with Camden while the girls headed north. They are even enjoying (I'm sure) a vacation with others from Tom's family at Pokagon state park in Indiana. We sure miss being able to be there, too!!

They should be heading all the way down here to Alabama either Mon. or Tues. & Tom's parents will stay until baby comes :)

Meanwhile, Camden has been enjoying "mommy time" all week. I think he misses the girls, but I also think he really enjoys having me all to himself. I think he's in for a rude awakening when baby comes!

So, on to the house....
we've been waiting all week for the windows to come in. They were a week late, which means that put us another week behind schedule. They did finally get to Home Depot yesterday, BUT not w/o a mishap. Evidently as they were loading them onto carts for delivery, one of them got dropped & the window broke! Figures....luckily it's one that won't hold up getting the brick done this week.
With that said, the roof is all done now, the front door is in, and the elecrical, plumbing & HVAC are all roughed in. This week they are going to put the windows in, do the brick work, and start insulation & drywall. Should be fun to see the progress.

I guess that's about it. Unfortunately I have no news as far as baby is concerned, but I still feel really good!

No comments: