Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not Me & Fly on the Wall

Here are my catch-up posts from last Friday & Monday....

Fly on the wall....

During our devotions last week with the girls, one of the questions was "How can we have a better relationship with God?", to which Jenna replied:
"Give Him a cake!" (Through the eyes of a child....)

The other day Jenna said to me "I know what I want to be when I grow up!"
to which I replied "Oh, yeah? What?"
Jenna: "Batman"
Ruth: "Why's that?"
Jenna: "Because he helps people"


We were discussing the fact that Jenna can't find one of her library books that was due back on Tuesday, and I told her if we can't find it, she'll have to use her own money to buy it....
Jenna: "How much is it?"
Ruth: "I don't know...we'll have to ask"
Jenna: "Anyways, I can get a credit card!"
If only it were that simple....


Now my "no, not me's"....

No, not me....I would never be so intent on getting everyone fed & out the door for softball practices that I wouldn't even bother to look at how dirty Camden's hands are before he ate, only to discover as we were walking out the door that they were DISGUSTING!!! Tom took a picture of them they were so bad, and couldn't believe I hadn't washed them. What can I say? I was trying to get us out the door as I said...

No, not me....I would not put 3 kids on a stroller after softball practice only to have it tip over with Camden still on it. He was sitting up on the tray by where you push the stroller, and after taking Trevin out to put him in his car seat, Jenna got off the front end making it "top heavy" and poor Camden fell face first with the stroller onto the asphalt! I was mortified to say the least. Thank God he only had a small scratch on his hand from trying to stop himself. Poor kid!!! I felt like the worst mother and when I turned around & saw him laying face first on the ground with his legs still stuck in the stroller I had visions of a bloody mess from teeth being knocked out & his head being cracked open or something. God was watching out for him!

No, not me....I would not have allowed Trevin to get his poor little thumb get pinched on Camden's ride-on car toy when Camden quickly sat down on the seat while Trevin's hand was still hanging on. A responsible mom would have been by Trevin's side making sure Camden was being careful! Again, God was looking out for us, and thankfully Trevin survived the incident with just a small cut on his thumb. Poor kid...

So, with things like that going on at our house, we are obviously keeping busy, trying our best not to end up at the hospital :)

I will try to download some more pictures tomorrow!

No comments: