Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yesterday

Boy was yesterday an interesting day! I'm glad it's over. Basically we had a horrible day with doctors! It's a long story, but I've tried calling the doctor that I had picked out for the kids twice to get Camden in to be seen. I kept thinking he has an ear infection or something. Anyways, both times I've been told they don't have any appt. available that day for new patients! Well, yesterday Camden was miserable with a runny nose, cough, and just looked bad. So when they told me they couldn't get him in, I let them have a piece of my mind! I asked what in the world was I supposed to do with a sick son in a new town where I knew absolutely nobody?? (I had asked the last time about any clinics, and supposedly there are none) Pretty much I got nowhere so I just told them I'd find a doctor who could actually see my kids when they're sick, not at their convenience!

I ended up calling a pediatrician's office in town & they got me in right away. The doctor wants to keep an eye on Camden's adenoids...he said they are big, and could be causing his problems with his constant runny nose. But he's gonna try a round of antibiotics first to see if that helps. Either way, he said his ears are OK, which is good.

So, back to the other doctor's office. I had already had our records from Ft. Wayne sent to them, so I had to deal with some poor lady in their medical records office who tried to tell me she couldn't release the records to the new doctor's office because they had never seen my kids. (Whose fault was that??? It wasn't like I hadn't tried to get them to see them!) Once again, it was not a pretty conversation, and she got an earful from me about how mad I was that I had a sick kid and that they couldn't see him. I know none of it was her fault & I apologized that she was getting the brunt of my anger, but I had had it! What doctor's office can't see a sick kid???? By the end of the day, they had called me back again & said I could pick the records up at my convenience! Thank you very much!

We also went to the Birmingham zoo yesterday afternoon. It's probably close to the size of the Fort Wayne Children's zoo. The kids really enjoyed it, and we found out that our Fort Wayne membership gets us in for free here, too, so that was nice!

Today has been much better! We're headed to the park since it's nice out to play. Hope you enjoy you day!

No comments: