Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sorry for the delay...

I always have the best of intentions, but then my days actually slip away.

Things are actually going pretty well around here. I’ll post an update for each person…

Mackenzie: Started school yesterday at Kennedy elementary school. The school day down here is 1 hour longer than she had up in Ft. Wayne. But, on top of that, the bus schedule is ridiculous! She gets on the bus at 6:35 a.m. and doesn’t get back home until 4:10 p.m.! I may end up just taking her in the mornings because I think that is WAY too early for a kindergartener to get on the bus! We’ll see. Otherwise, Mackenzie is adjusting well down here and we’ll see after today what she thinks of school.

Jenna: We had her appt. yesterday with the ENT down here. We met with Dr. Naviwala (pronounce that!) and he said she does need tubes, so she will be getting those next Monday. Yeah! I’m so sick of her saying “what” all the time! We’ll keep you posted on how that goes.

Camden: He is crawling around like crazy and finally took 1 small step on his own the other day. He gives the biggest smiles now, but still has no real interest in walking. He is becoming a mama’s boy again around the apartment….he always wants to be in the same room as me (I mean, c’mon there are only so many “rooms” in this apt!), and cries like crazy if he isn’t. Once in a while he gets sidetracked long enough to push buttons on the TV.

Tom: Really seems to like his job. He is in Milwaukee this week for training, but after that, hopefully we’ll be back to a normal family all together.

Ruth: I’ve been to the Laundromat twice, and am getting used to living on “bare minimum”. I’m still trying to get doctors figured out for all of us, and paperwork filled out that needs to be filled out. And in the midst of that trying to keep my eyes open for any new houses that might go up for sale. The housing situation is still depressing, but I’m not really worried yet…it will all get worked out in God’s time. As for baby news...I'm still not showing (no big surprise for those that know me well), and all my clothes still fit just fine. I've JUST started feeling the baby move very slightly - maybe 2 or 3 times is all. In that respect I wish I could feel more, but again....all in God's timing.

Ok, I need to run. One last little side note - I was sitting here typing up this post before I went someplace to post it on the internet when all of a sudden on my laptop a note popped up saying my computer had connected to some wireless internet! Yeah!!! I had tried before but all the networks around here were protected by security (wise for the people that have them), so I don't know what the deal is, but if I can get internet here at the apartment, it will make my life SO MUCH easier!! Do you realize how hard it is to get anything done at the library with Camden to keep track of? :)

So if I can continue to get this connection, there might actually be more communication from me! YEAH!

Ok, now I really do need to run...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.