Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally...

Our internet has been very spotty the past week, so that’s why I haven’t been able to post an update about Jenna’s dr. appointment. I actually had an update all written the other day, and when I went to post it, lost my internet connection – so frustrating!!

Anyways, Jenna’s appointment went well. The endocrinologist said all the tests they’ve run on other hormones (like insulin, vitamin D, etc.) have all come back normal. So, it looks like it’s just her calcium that is off. Her levels from last week were just a tad bit high, so he wanted me to reduce her tums from 5 to 3 with each meal. They drew more blood, and he called back later that afternoon to let me know her calcium had gone up even more, so to only give her 1 tum with each meal. Good thing, because the novelty of eating the “candy tablets” has worn off. But, since her levels were even higher, he wants blood drawn again next week. Poor Jenna…

Mackenzie had a rough week this week. She came home from school Tuesday with a stomach bug, and had thrown up on the bus! She was devastated by this since she is so shy everywhere else but at home! So she spent Tues. night in bed & in the bathroom. Poor kid. I kept her home Wed. from school & she was feeling better, and she was back to school yesterday.

Trevin slept through the night the other night! I actually woke him up to feed him when I was getting Mackenzie ready for school just so that he wouldn’t wake me up a ½ hr. after I went back to bed :) I know….kinda selfish. But, he has been consistently sleeping about 7 hrs. at night, so I’m very excited.

Camden pooped on the potty for the 1st time the other day as well! Tom’s mom started working with him while they were here, so I’ve been trying to pick up where she left off. It’s slow going, but we’ll get there! He has been trying to say so many new things, so that’s makes it a little easier since he can say “potty” when he has to go.

I guess that’s about it around here. I’m still trying to find the cord to upload pictures to the computer. And I’m back to unpacking boxes since I’m feeling pretty good after surgery. I still have to be careful not to lift stuff that’s real heavy.


Another update…our internet is still down – AAAGGGHHHH!
I finally made Tom go to a restaurant in town that has wireless so I could check my e-mail and post this update!

We started putting Camden in his “big boy” bed Saturday night, and miraculously he has never gotten out of his bed when we put him in it! I was fully prepared to spend an hour or so Sat. night putting him back in bed, but instead I got to watch TV un-interrupted. Kinda crazy, huh?

Jenna had blood drawn again today at the dr’s office, so we’ll see how the results come back this week.

I’ll do my best to keep you posted when we get our internet back up & running!

No comments: