Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We have a graduate!

Yesterday was an exciting day here for us Palmers! Mackenzie graduated from kindergarten. It seems kinda surreal...seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, and now she's done with her 1st year of school! And she even survived having to change schools mid-way through the year :)

Here's a quick video of her receiving her "diploma" and a picture of her with her teacher, Mrs. Walker.






The graduation program was a beach theme, so that's why she's in a sundress with a leigh around her neck. A funny little story to add to the day....
Mackenzie's teacher is pregnant, and Mackenzie had told me back in April that her teacher was gonna have twins! I keep asking her if she knows what the babies are, boys or girls, or whatever, but she said she didn't know. SO....I talked to her teacher yesterday for a few minutes just to get the scoop! I asked when she's due, and she said Aug. 11 (only 3 days after me!!), so I then said "and I heard it's twins" to which she gave me a kinda weird look and said "no, it's just one". I felt horrible, cuz I was just going on what Mackenzie had told me! UGH! She just laughed when I told that's what Mackenzie's been saying, and said that she's not surprised because all the kids have been saying all sorts of things that aren't always true when it comes to the baby. Interesting....so I guess I'll be a little more careful with the "info" that Mackenzie brings home from school!

No comments: