Monday, May 5, 2008

Another weekend...

Well, another weekend has passed. We stayed busy again as usual. Saturday morning we went to our "storage unit". It's really a huge indoor warehouse with a gazillion wooden boxes called vaults filled with people's stuff. Anyways, they had our vaults pulled & ready to go for us. There are about 5 guys who are pretty much at your beck & call to unload these vaults & then re-pack them when we're done. You start with the 1st vault, and they just pull everything out for you to look through and then I would let them know which things I wanted to take, and everything else gets re-packed. It got a little crazy as we had them unpacking about 2-3 vaults at a time since we were on a 2 hr. time limit, otherwise we would pay above & beyond our $250 fee! Long story short, it was interesting. I found that if I needed something that was packed by the movers, it was MUCH harder to find than what I thought it would be. Luckily, much of the stuff was in totes that I had labeled. When it was all said & done, we couldn't find all my maternity clothes. That was frustrating! I got a few, but most of them are winter things. Another funny thing is that we searched & searched for the bassinet. According to the packing papers, it was NOT in a box, but wrapped in blankets. Well, we searched anything that was even close to that size with no luck! Finally Tom and one of the guys just started unpacking a couple boxes that were labeled stuff from the storage unit. Low and behold, we found the top part of the bassinet in one of them. BUT, we couldn't find the base that it sits on!!! Why in the world the packer would seperate the 2 pieces is beyond me, but we never did end up finding it. SO, the new baby will at least have the top portion to sleep in....

When we got back & brought stuff in the apartment, it was interesting trying to find room to store all the new boxes of stuff, but every corner is now filled with boxes :) I also discovered that the box with Jenna's summer stuff which I had pulled aside must have gotten re-packed into a vault, because it wasn't with our stuff. UGH...guess she'll have to make do with the few outfits she has here.

So, with all that said, I guess we got enough stuff to get by on for the summer, except for maternity clothes for me. If anyone has any (or knows someone that might have some) that they'd like to lend me, let me know :) I can get my address to you. Thanks!

And finally, Tom took the jet ski out again yesterday, so the kids all got to go for rides. Camden had his 1st jet ski ride, and really liked it! Here's a couple pictures:

Camden is becoming very independent & wants to do the stairs like this now...



Mackenzie getting ready for her ride


Camden going on his ride


Although you can't see her real well, this is Jenna on her ride

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ruth! I was just packing up all of my maternity clothes and thinking to myself that I should find someone to share them with. I'd love to send you down all my summer stuff. I was preggers with Samuel during the summer months in North Carolina, so I should have quite a few things that will serve you well. E-mail me your address and I'll ship them to you. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to LOVE living at the lake. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope the building process goes fast and smoothly.