Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Some final dates

Well, we have some of our "final" dates. The movers will be coming to pack up all our stuff on the 26th & 27th, then pack the truck on the 28th & 29th if needed. Tom will be coming back home on the 22nd for the weekend to get some things ready for the packers, and also to load up the black van with stuff we'll need to live on at the apartment until we get into a house. He'll leave on the 25th to drive the van back down. I will stay the last week with the kids and our flight down leaves on March 1 in the morning.

I am heading down to Alabama this weekend & Tom's parents will be watching the kids. Tom has narrowed the house search down to a few houses, so we'll see what we can agree on!

I got an e-mail from Tom today that the temps down there are supposed to get up to 78! Must be nice. He said it's already 73, but that it's supposed to get cold again tonight & for a few more days. I think he's been warped already by what's "cold"!

I guess that's it for now. A couple prayer requests:
- For my trip to go smoothly this weekend, and that we'll be able to find a house
- For wisdom in figuring out what we need to pack on our own
- For everything to go smoothly the last week here since they'll be packing up all our stuff & I have no idea what it will be like to "live" here while our stuff slowly disappears :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Ruth, what a whirlwind! I will be praying for you as you make all your final preparations. Are you flying by yourself with the three kids?! You are a brave woman! But you will definitely LOVE the weather - Ed still talks about the great weather of North Carolina.

Ruth Palmer said...

Yeah, I figured 3 kids on an airplace sounded easier actually than 10+ hours in the car with them!