Monday, February 25, 2008

The last week

SO, here it is Monday of our final week in Fort Wayne. Tom was originally supposed to drive back today, but I guess he won't be leaving until tomorrow probably....we'll just see how things go.

The packers are coming tomorrow, so I'm trying to make sure I have everything ready. I guess more just making sure I know what they SHOULDN'T pack. And trying to make sure that I have everything together that Tom needs to take with him.

In the midst of all this, for those of you that may not know, I've had some issues with low progesterone during this pregnancy. I have had to go twice a week since early December to my dr's office to get progesterone shots. NOT FUN! Anyways, I had more bloodwork drawn this past Thursday, and the dr's office called today to let me know that my levels are still barely borderline for where they should be at this point in my pregnancy. Long story short, this means that my doctor has decided that besides getting shots twice a week, I now have to take prog. pills as well! I was really hoping to be done with shots and just switch to pills, but for now, he really thinks it's best to do both. So, Tom had to go with me today to learn how to give me the shots since he'll have to do them for the time being until we get things figured out down in Alabama. Please pray that we'll have wisdom in finding a good doctor down there that can take over my "care" since it's a bit more complicated than normal I guess.

Besides finding a doctor for me, I ended up having to find an ENT doctor for Jenna too. We found out last week that she has a lot of fluid built up in her ears, and the lady who did her hearing test said we need to get her to a doctor pretty quick since it can affect her speech if we wait too long. SO, I found a doctor that our new insurance will cover, and we have an appt. set for her on March 10. Again, please pray for wisdom to know what needs to be done - hopefully JUST tubes! For those that may not remember, we had some of these same issues with Mackenzie, and she ended up needing her tonsils & adenoids out along with tubes in her ears. So, I'm really hoping tubes will be all Jenna needs!

This is also Mackenzie's last week of school here obviously. She has been pretty quiet about the move - still not excited, but yet I think anxious to see what it's all about. We'll see what happens when she comes home in the next couple days to the house being packed up. But, speaking of school, this is another prayer need! I am really torn as to what to do. Since we haven't found a house, I'm not real sure what school to get her enrolled in. Our apartment is in a different "zone" (or whatever you'd call it) than any of the houses we've looked at. SO, if I enroll her in that elementary school, I don't know if she'll have to switch again once we move into a house, or what. I am really hoping the Lord will give me the wisdom to know where to start. I don't want to keep her out of school real long, so it's something I'll need to get taken care of pretty fast when we get down there.

I guess that's about it. Overall, just pray for us this week as we go through what may be a crazy week with everything being packed up & moved. We will be spending a couple different nights at friend's houses, so it should be an interesting week :)

I'll post more when I can, but again, I'm not sure what internet access I'll have throughout the week.

No comments: