Thursday, November 27, 2008

Working in the yard

Tom taught me how to use the chainsaw so I started working on our log pile to get it under control. We've been having big bonfires to burn the brush & branches. We have 2 HUGE stumps in our front yard from trees that were taken down & Tom keeps thinking he's gonna burn those, too. They're way too big to burn I think, but I let him keep plugging away at them.









Tom thought it would be OK to let the girls throw paper on the fire. What was he thinking? Jenna caught a piece on fire and dropped it on her pants and burned a hole in her pants. Luckily I saw it happen & Tom grabbed her pants before it burned her leg, but not before her pants had a big hole in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was Tom thinking showing you how to use a chain saw?

Ruth Palmer said...

I'm pretty sure he was thinking of how to get out of doing more work...

Blackbird Momma said...

Okay so I posted my fire comment to misc pictures instead of this! Take a look :)