Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SOLD!

I don't even know where to begin, except with a huge THANKS to all of you who have been praying for us! The Lord has answered our biggest prayer so far, and that was for our house to sell quickly. I think in my mind "quickly" meant within a couple months. Evidently, His plans are much better, because we accepted an offer on our house last night! This means our house was on the market for less than a week! Praise the Lord!

A verse that has been with me since this whole process began is Philippians 4:6 & 7 which says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts & your minds in Christ Jesus."

This has been so true. From the day Tom decided to take this new job, I felt such an incredible peace that this is what we were to do, and that God would take care of all the details. I had no idea how, but I really didn't stress about "the details". There have been so many unknowns, and we've just deal with them one day at a time. The biggest has obviously been how long Tom and I would be apart while we waited for the house to sell, and when he'd be back to visit, or when I'd go down there to visit, etc. etc. etc. The Lord is good and has decided that we need to be together as a family again a lot sooner than we thought possible!!

With all that said, we have to be out of our house at the end of February. I will miss Fort Wayne like crazy - all our friends here, and having family relatively close by. But, the Lord has a plan for us (still waiting to see what that is!), and we're also anxious to get down south & start this new phase of our lives.

Here are a few more requests that you can pray for:
- That I'd be able to get a trip planned quickly to go house hunting (finding a reasonable fare, and figuring out child care while I'm gone)
- That Tom and I would be able to find a suitable house quickly
- For Mackenzie as she really starts to deal with the idea of moving (she's not been real excited and it will be hard for her to say goodbye to everything here so much sooner than expected! Jenna on the other hand is ready to go!!)
- That wrapping up everything here would continue to go smoothly

Thanks again for all your prayers, and I will continue to keep everyone posted on our progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing, I'm so glad you'll be together sooner than you even thought possible. If you need help with the kids...I'm sure Trent would love it if Mackenzie could stay overnight!!
Talk to you soon...

Anonymous said...

Cool !!!! No more trying to keep clean ..(the sold house that is...)
Praise the Lord!

I'm not anxious for ya to leave though !!!

Bro Jay