Saturday, November 3, 2007

Lots of Misc. stuff to post

First off, I wanted to include a couple pictures from Halloween...




Secondly, just figured I'd tell you that Tom's strike duty has changed. Now, unless they're a strike captain, they only have 4 hour shifts, and his is from 4 a.m - 8 a.m. on Thurs. morning. He feels this is much more do-able. Strike captains get to do 8 hour shifts now. Doesn't that stink? Everyone else gets reduced to 4 hours, and they get extended to 8 hours...hmmm?? Who signed up for that job? Ha ha ha!

Then, I wanted to comment real quick on the poll I had up a few weeks ago about the keys being locked in the van. I LOVED all the comments we got! We sat & laughed at them partly because some of them were inside jokes to us that we completely understood, but others were just plain funny. In the end, Tom obviously was person B and Ruth was person A. I felt it was both of our faults for lack of communication, and Tom felt it was ALL my fault. Doesn't really matter...it was a lesson learned when it was all said & done :)

With that said, I have another poll to take....(WARNING - gross picture at the end!!!)
Tom wants me to go back to work while he's on strike. I keep trying to remind him of all the things he'll have to do while I'm at work, and the biggest being that he'll have to change poopy diapers! Everyone that knows Tom knows this won't go over well. So my question is, what is Tom gonna do when he gets a diaper that looks like this???

AGAIN...WARNING - GROSS PICTURE, but see if you can find the humor in it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom calls Ruth up at work and says that you must come home from work something just isn't right.

Unknown said...

Oh, what would the world be without another Palmer Poll?

I'm going to have to say that Tom will load the kids up in the van and bring them up to your job for you to change the diaper out in the parking lot.

Can't Tom get a part-time job?

Ruth Palmer said...

Leah...if Tom makes more than $200 a week, then he won't receive his strike pay, so that's why he can't really find a part-time job.