Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quick update

I really have no time, but wanted to put a quick update on here.

We had quite an experience flying to NY for Christmas! I'll tell the story later, but we did end up with $400 worth of vouchers per person, tons of meal vouchers, and 2 different hotel vouchers which thankfully we didn't end up needing. We got to my parents house at 2 a.m. Christmas morning. That was fun with 4 kiddos!

Christmas was fun, and we had a first annual ping pong tournament, which I think my brother ended up winning. Not exactly positive, since after I lost, I lost interest - ha ha!

Our kids all passed around some eye goop something or other (not sure if it was pink eye), and after we left NY, we spent a couple days in Gatlinburg, TN as a family. That was fun, but unfortunately Jenna started running a fever during the night Thurs. night before we were supposed to leave, so she's been sick ever since. She has a miserable cough, and still fights a fever at times. I took her to the doctor yesterday & he said it's just a virus that will have to run it's course. I hate hearing that! So I'm trying my best to keep her on cough medicine every 4 hours. In the meantime, Camden has also been sick. Right after we saw the doctor for Jenna (literally!! the doctor had JUST left the room) Camden threw up! Luckily a friend of mine was watching Trevin, so I didn't have him with me, but I was so scared he was gonna throw up all over the van on the way home. Luckily he fell asleep instead, and waited until we got home to throw up again.

On the way home, I got a call from my mom letting me know that my grandma had passed away. What a day! Could it get any worse? Probably, so I'll just count my blessings that only 2 kids were sick and not 4!

SO...after talking through our options, Tom and I decided it would be best for just me & Trevin to head back to NY for the funeral. That way, we're not taking sick kids with us, and Mackenzie won't have to miss school. She was a little bummed, but on the other hand, got very excited when I told her grandma was a Christian. She started jumping up & down & said "Oh good!! I'll get to see her again in Heaven" Then she turned & told Jenna that if she asked Jesus into her heart, she'd get to see grandma again, too. How sweet!

Since I'm leaving the kiddos here, I found someone from our church who is gonna watch them while Tom is at work. I am SO thankful! I just hope the kids don't stay sick. Camden seems to be doing better, although he still has loose stools (trying not to gross anyone out)! Jenna does OK as long as I keep her on cough medicine every 4 hours. If not, watch out! She'll cough for 45 minutes straight! (Found that out on accident tonight)

While I'm in NY, I'll actually be able to attend a cousin's wedding on Saturday that I obviously wasn't going to be able to go to before. But, I'll also be missing Mackenzie's 7th birthday on Friday. She said that while I'm gone to NY maybe I can buy her a b-day present. Guess she knows me well enough to know that I haven't bought her gift yet! :)

Ok, I've really gotta run & finish a bunch of stuff before I leave tomorrow afternoon. Pray for Jenna & Camden to get better, and that Mackenzie & Tom don't catch anything! I may actually be getting the better deal by going to a funeral. Oh, and for those of you wondering.....my grandma was in her 90's and has been "sick" for quite some time now. Nothing specific really, other than old age stuff and just getting weaker, so this wasn't a huge surprise. I'll definitely miss her though!

No comments: