Wednesday, July 23, 2008

PLEASE COMMENT!

I want to hear your comments!! I think this is pretty funny, but I want to know what everyone else thinks...

Most of you know that my due date for this baby is Aug. 8th. Well, Tom just told me the other night that he needs to go to Milwaukee to meet with some guy for work. He's trying to decide when's the best time to go. He thought about going next week, but I said no cuz our girls are gonna be at grandma Palmer's & I'd be left home with Camden & if I happened to go into labor, I'd have to find someone to watch Camden & get me to the hospital. Not only that, I'd basically go through labor & delivery by myself because the chances of him getting a flight back in time would be slim.

So, I kinda jokingly said he could always wait until the next week (the week of my due date) to go since his parents would at least be here. Ok, so evidently he took me seriously and said yesterday that he needed to get his flight booked to leave on the 4th. I think he'd plan to return like the 7th. I asked him if he realized that he is seriously risking missing the birth of his last child! He has it in his mind that I am not gonna deliver early given my past experiences with our kids!

So I want to know what everyone else thinks?! Should he go, or is he completely crazy?? What advice would you give him? Or maybe I should ask, what advice would you give ME?? Crazy husband....I know if I were in his shoes there's NO WAY I would leave town (especially all the way to Milwaukee) just days before the due date!

As one last side note...I had another dr's appt. yesterday & I've at least started to dilate even though it's only 1 cm :)

OK, so go comment!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!! Tom absolutely, positively should not go on this trip, and risk missing the birth of his last child!!

Anonymous said...

I also say NO WAY! Tom needs to be there for not only the birth of this last child - but for you!

Anonymous said...

Not getting into this...LOL!

Jen said...

I'll get into it... Tom, don't go! I think you'll regret it. Plus, how are you going to explain it to this kid someday why you missed his/her birth? "uh... uh.. I had to meet this guy..." Plus, I may have to hurt you if you make Ruth go through all that without you.

Anonymous said...

Tell this to Tom. "Cuz...if Momma ain't happy nobody's happy. Stay at home." Tanya is due Aug. 15 and I told work there is no way I was going anywhere for July and Aug.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to take the other side and tell Tom to go just to keep this interesting. But I actually think he's nuts if he does. Since you say that you have started to dilate I think he should wait until after this baby is born. You have been known to go to the hospital unexpectedly (I remember). On another issue, I tried to send you an email but it bounced back. Do you have a new email address? If so, send me an email so I can write back and fill you in on some Seitz news.

Unknown said...

Leave it to crazy Palmer to have something like this come up!!! Diane and I think he should tell Harley to shove it until you have the baby. You know, I hear they are hiring 200+ engineers in Fort Wayne!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK Tom...you were responsible in being there for the conception of this child, you need to be resposible to be there for the birth of it too!!! Don't risk it...not with it being the 4th and last child. Tell work you'll do it after the baby arrives! Not that I'm getting in the middle of it! Your sis-in-law--Lori

Anonymous said...

The only part of this story that surprises me is that he didn't ask you to go with him!
I think he will miss the birth of the next Palmer boy. Notice I said "next," but not last... come on, you know you'll have 5!

Anonymous said...

No, he should not go...based on my experience...last child came early and it will probably arrive quickly!