Monday, July 21, 2008

More updates

Things are starting to move along here. They finished the roof on the house today. (Not the shingles, but covered in plywood & the black stuff). The electrician started work today & the plumber is supposed to start in the next day or so as well. I stopped up at lunch time today & the HVAC guy was there, so my guess is he'll be starting before long as well.

With that said, it seems we've had a gazillion decisions to make in the last week or so. Let me just say I do not enjoy all these decisions! And really, it's Tom who is making most of them. From where to put certain outlets and light switches, to where to put phone jacks, and all is something I don't really care to decide. And that doesn't even begin to touch on picking out kitchen cabinets and the layout of the cabinets! Tom keeps saying it's up to me, but then I voice my opinion & he then tells me what he likes better. Not a big deal, really, cuz I'll be happy with anything, but still....trying to make decisions & still stay in budget is ridiculous. Every time I turn around, Tom is "adding" something here or there that's "just $100" or whatever, and it's all adding up!! I'm all about staying in budget, and if it means no upgrades, then oh well! But, Tom is all about re-sale, so he keeps doing his little upgrades here & there. We're not arguing over stuff, I just laugh when he tells me what he likes & how it's just a little more than what was in the budget! :)

So, anyways, here's some more recent pictures:

The front of the house



The back of the house



The electrical stuff has started



I also have another video of Camden that I will try to put on here in another day or so....it's a video of him climbing this 2X6 piece of wood up to the front entry. The other day Tom turned around & realized he had climbed it by himself almost all the way to the top. Crazy kid! He was obsessed with going up & down it, but he just about gave me a heart attack, so I had Tom take a video so people could see what things he likes to do!

On a completely different note, I took this picture of Jenna today. She got into some of my makeup, and thought she was beautiful. I told her she looked like a clown, thus the look on her face....

No comments: