Friday, June 27, 2008

The kids

I thought I'd put a post of what the kids have been up to.

The girls are very into "surprising" us. They are constantly trying to hide somewhere & jump out & say "scuprise" (yes....scuprise....Jenna can't say surprise). They think it's a great game!

They also are into "pets". Everything is a pet...rocks, leaves, happy meal toys, etc. And all the pets have strings tied to them so that they can go for walks or whatever. It's actually irritating cuz I go to throw something away only to have one of them be very upset & let me know that I just threw their pet away!!

And they are also into "instruments". Again, I put it in quotes because anything they can make noise with is their instrument. Salt packets from some restaurant, 2 straws, a package of teddy grahams just to name a few. And once again, don't even think about throwing these things away!!

As for Camden, he just dinks around & plays with his cars. He loves to chase the girls, and especially loves to be outside! His ears are tuned to the door opening, and he's out in an instant if it's open long enough. And he thinks he's big stuff going up & down the stairs by himself, which is VERY stressful to me! These are not stairs that he should be doing by himself since he could trip & fall and land on concrete. He's always getting scratched up knees, and somehow always manages to scrape his forehead as well or his lip. BUT, he's pretty tough and rarely cries about it.

The other day he managed to cut himself right by his eye with something. I have no idea what! He was fussing for a minute so I went to see what was wrong & saw the little cut by his eye. Kinda scary, since it was so close to his eye! Just tonight he scraped his knee up even while I was holding his hand! He just tries to go too fast & gets tripped up.

We've still been going to the pool quite a bit. I took some more pictures today, but also a video. The girls are doing really good swimming (Mackenzie w/no floaties or anything, and Jenna with just arm floaties). Camden is no longer afraid of the water, and is constantly doing stuff that makes my heart skip beats!! I can hardly stand watching him because he is so confident, so I took a video today to show what kinds of stuff he does...



Many times he'll do more than just stick his foot in the water...he'll lay on his belly & put both hands in, or sit down on the side & get both legs in. Problem is, he's always so unstable, that you just never know when he's gonna lose his balance or something & fall in.

Lastly, I'm taking the girls to a "big sibling" class tomorrow at the hospital where I'm going to deliver the baby. Should be interesting...

No comments: