Monday, June 18, 2007

"What are the clothes doing on that rope, mom?"

That's what my girls asked when they looked out in the backyard today...they learned what a clothesline is :) So many of you will probably laugh at me, but I had to dry laundry the "old fashioned way" today! Ha ha!! Something is wrong with our dryer, so I had to make a clothesline in the backyard between some trees & actually hang clothes out on the line to dry! Believe it or not, I think this is the first time in the 8 1/2 years that we've been married that I've ever hung clothes out to dry!! I have no intention of continuing to do this once the dryer is fixed, though. The clothes are so stiff when they dry!! Guess I'm spoiled :) But it does make me wonder how many of you that read this blog actually still hang clothes out to dry? I know my mother-in-law does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, actually some of us still do it to conserve energy!! Ha Ha!Lori