Sunday, March 25, 2007

I spoke too soon!

Literally, about 5 minutes after I got done posting yesterday Jenna came to me & said she wanted to go to bed (not normal for a 3 year old!!), so I checked her forehead and sure enough, she was running a fever again! It gradually got higher & higher as the day went on, and we kept ibuprofen in her every 4 1/2 hours (instead of 6) which didn't seem to help much. Last night the fever was up to 105.4 even with ibuprofen. I'm at a loss for what to do!! Poor kid - I've been told by our doctor's office (& the internet) not to worry about the fever unless it's over 107!! She's still on her antibiotics, so I have no idea what her body is trying to fight now! She's still eating & drinking fairly well, but it's so frustrating not knowing what is going on. Any suggestions for what to do are always appreciated. We've done cold cloths on her head and I gave her a lukewarm bath today (which she HATED), and the fever is down to about 100.6 which is the lowest it's been in 24 hrs. I'm waiting for a call from the on-call doctor at our pediatrician's office to see if they have any advice, so until then, we play the waiting game.

No comments: