Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, I got an awesome gift! A purple Dell laptop! Our computers have had tons of issues the last few months with viruses, etc, so Tom broke down & got me a new laptop. YEAH! Now I can probably start putting pictures up again soon (as soon as he gets all the software on here).

Besides my laptop, the girls made some wonderful things at school & church for me. I thought I'd share some of the stuff that was in their cards/books.

I'll start with something Mackenzie made me about a week ago that she gave to me early because she was so excited about it. She made it one day at home when she was home with a sick Tom and Jenna. (That's another post for another day) She took an empty cream cheese container & covered it with paper & a bow. I opened it, and she had written a poem and it had a chocolate chip cookie in it. Here's what the poem said:

I love just looking at you
watching what you do
I love kissing you and
holding you tight
I love all the things you do
I love the way your eyes
seem to grab my heart
every time I look at them.
I love everything about you.
And here is a cookie. (I think she added this herself!)

I asked her where in the world she got that poem from, and I kid you not...she told me she googled it! Who knew that an 8 yr. old knows how to google things??? Not sure what website she found that had that sweet poem that was probably meant for 2 people in love, but it was so sweet that she thought of me when she read it! :)

Ok, next she filled out a paper at school about love:

Love feels like "my mom's hugs"
Love smells like "purfume"
Love tastes like "my mom's homemade chocolate pie"
Love looks like "my mom"
Love sounds like "a gentle song"

And lastly, she filled out a paper about me:

My mom always says "I love you"
My mom looks pretty when "we go to church"
My mom likes to cook "from her cook book"
My mom makes me laugh when "she reads me a funny book"

Jenna also made a little booklet at school with some poems about mom and a paper about why she loves mom. Here's what she had to say:

My mom's name is "Ruth"
My favorite food she cooks is "cimanon toast"
Her worst punishment is "spankings"
My favorite thing she does is "push me on the swing"
The funniest thing she does is "tell jokes"

Overall, I had a good mother's day. We enjoyed our dinner out Saturday night to avoid the crowds on Sunday. The kids all did fabulous at dinner! Made it very enjoyable!!

One last funny thing from the day was this funny comment during lunch:
Jenna: "I just can't stop singing!"
Mackenzie: "Are you in opera mode?"

1 comment:

Harper's Mom said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day, Ruth!