Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jenna's 1st Day!

Here's some pictures from this morning...



The funny thing about this last picture is that once I took the 1st picture of her in front of the bus, she took off running to get on the bus, and my camera couldn't snap a picture fast enough to catch her crossing the street, so you'll see she is just about to get on the bus!

On another note...getting ready this morning proved to be interesting since those of you that know Jenna well, know she HATES socks & is very particular about her socks & shoes! At their school, they have PE class every day, so every day they have to have gym shoes & socks to participate. They don't necessarily have to wear them to school, but they have to change into them for gym if they don't already have them on. Anyways, with that in mind, I took her to Wal-Mart yesterday to specifically find socks that she would wear...didn't go too bad. I had also bought her a new pair of school shoes Sun. night that she tried on Monday & said they were good. So, I removed the tags from the shoes & threw them away. This morning, she put a pair of socks on, said they didn't feel right, and I immediately reminded her that she had promised me she would wear these! Ok, so she agrees, then puts on her shoes, and now tells me that they don't feel right, and after taking about 5 steps towards the bathroom is whining that her feet hurt with every step. AAAGGGHHH!! I give up! I told her to take them off then & in the end, Mackenzie convinced her to just wear her white shoes (which are slip on shoes) and I packed her gym shoes & socks for her to take to school. I hope her teacher has better luck with her! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks SO grown up! Both of the girls are really so beautiful. I can't believe they are both off to school for the day. You are doing such a great job with them. I'm dying to see them in person. My mom and I need to find a time to come down and visit you all.