Friday, June 26, 2009

My parents visit

Tom mentioned in a previous post that my parents were able to come down for a visit at the end of May. We got a ton of stuff done, as well as doing some fun stuff! Last time they visited you may recall we were in the middle of moving, and it was all work & no play :) Plus, that was when Jenna ended up in the hospital, so it wasn't the most fun visit ever....
But, this time was much better!

One day, my dad & I did a tour of the Talladega race track & also visited the museum they have here. The tour was lame, so I don't recommend it, but the museum was pretty neat!


We celebrated Tom's birthday while they were here. Mom & I decided to get creative for his cake (more for the kids' sake!) to make it a little more special


One day we visited a place called Nocalulla Falls State Park. There's some pretty falls, a little "zoo", a free train ride, and a little "primitive" village





The main reason that my parents came to visit was for Mackenzie's baptism. She was so excited and did a great job!

We also visited the Georgia Aquarium one day (Tom already posted pictures), cleaned up the yard, enjoyed a cookout with our neighbors, had a big bonfire, rode the jet ski, and went to the dirt track races. Tom also took my dad to this great motorcycle museum that's down here. I loved having them here and can't wait until they can visit again!

No comments: