Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am so EXCITED!!

Let me give a little background to this post....

For Christmas, I bought Tom a gift that honestly, I really wanted for myself. BUT, I knew he would also like it, so I sacrificed & bought it for him anyways. What is it?? It's called The Racing Experience. There are a bunch of different options, but I chose a "middle of the road" option, which is basically that you ride with a professional race car driver in a real Nascar car for 6 laps at speeds of like 170 mph!! Does that sound like a rush, or what??? You can also buy a package that would allow him to actually drive a car, but we couldn't really afford that, so he had to settle for a ride.

Anyways, like I said, I bought it for him at Christmas, but the 1st time they were gonna be Talladega was in May, so I called to get him signed up for this last Friday, May 8 at 3:30. All the literature says you can bring anyone with you to watch & take pictures, so we took the 3 younger kids with us. (Mackenzie had other stuff going on) We showed up at 3:30 like we were supposed to, but long story short, when we got there we were told it had been cancelled that day! No one called us!! I was kinda ticked & later left a message letting them know I wasn't too happy about it. But, in the meantime, the guy at the gate said we could still go "into" the track & find someone to talk to about re-scheduling. So, we went in & ended up getting to walk around a bit & take some pictures & talk to some guy who was apologetic & very nice. I took some pictures, and then we left. The guy said he'd have someone get in touch with us...

WELL, somehow Tom missed a call back from this guy a while later, and he left us a message. Here's the part where I am so EXCITED!! Basically he said that to make it up to us they were giving ME a free ride as well!! SO, Tom and I will be racing side by side (w/professional drivers of course!) at the end of June! This guy says we will absolutely love it, which I have no doubt we will. After all, remember I said when I bought this thing in the first place that I really wanted it myself? Guess I got my wish after all, in a most round-about way!!

Anyways, until we race for real, here are a couple pictures I took:
Jenna standing in front of one of the cars in the garage
Tom put her in the driver's seat, and she got real nervous for some reason. She wanted out!
The tunnel to leave the inside of the track. Goes under turn 4...

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay, that is AWESOME! wow!