Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Camden's surgery

I know it's been a long time since I've updated this blog, but some of it has been on purpose, and some of it has been that I'm crazy busy. Since this is a public blog, I hate to give too much info about what's going on with our family for those of you that know our situation right now. We're really hoping that our house will sell in the next couple months so we can move up to Peoria.

But, in other news, I wanted people to be praying for Camden next Tuesday, April 5. He will be the 3rd Palmer child to have his tonsils taken out! Unfortunately we know the routine for this surgery, but along with having his tonsils taken out, he will be having surgery on his right ear. He's got some pocket in his ear (sorry I don't know the proper terminology) where some of the lining (?) is pulled back towards his ear drum, and if it's not taken care of, he could have permanent hearing loss in the future. The dr. will take some cartillage & reinforce where he does the surgery, drain fluid in both of his ears & decide if he needs tubes again. So, we would appreciate you thinking of him as he goes through this. The nurse said he will not be allowed to do any physical activity for almost 3 weeks, so I've got to find stuff to keep this boy occupied & not running around!

I will try to keep this updated after his surgery to let everyone know how it goes! Thanks for checking in!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh dear! poor buddy. i know you've been around the block a time or two with tonsil surgery, but still no fun. Good luck keeping him busy and still. plus all the other kids. all by yourself.

you amaze me, ruth. I wanna be like you when I grow up.

love and miss you,

jen